This post has been a long time in coming. I've been thinking about writing it, and then not, and then thinking about it again. I wanted to make sure we had tested out the oils pretty well before we let many people know we were using them. And even then, we mostly just talked with family members or other friends who we knew were also using them.
Going back a few years... The first essential oil I bought was a bottle of tea tree oil from a health food store. It was a brand that the sales lady at the store highly recommended. However, when I got home and looked at the directions and warnings on the bottle, I was concerned at the bold, capital-letter warning not to ingest the oil--at the risk of death! It made me nervous about having it out around the kids, and it mostly just sat in the cabinet unused.
Fast forward to last spring. A friend introduced me to Young Living's essential oils. I was told they were totally safe to use AND ingest. Still, I was highly skeptical about all the claims my friend was making about what they could be used for and what they could help with. She gave me several small sample bottles to try. We started experimenting with them, and I kept track of the times when they worked. It didn't take too long before we had quite a few success stories.
So we bought a starter kit and continued our experimenting. We watched the oils grow in popularity and become more mainstream. We saw the oils appear in television news stories. We read articles about doctors who used oils for patients when modern antibiotics failed, and about research being done to discover what makes some of the oils successful in treating cancer. We listened to other people give amazing testimonies about how the oils have made a huge difference in their lives. And we watched our own list of personal success stories grow.
So we decided it was time to share. I would love to share the details of our list of personal success stories, if you are interested. Some of the things on our list include how we have used the oils to help with allergies, eczema, ear aches, tummy aches, seasonal-affective disorder, healing molluscum (a wart-like virus), and fending off colds. We've used the oils to create our own cleaning products. And Emma successfully used one of the oils as a bug repellant at summer camp last week. That's only scratching the surface.
We are particular about the brand of oils we use, believing that Young Living is the best of the best when it comes the oil companies. They have their own farms around the world, grow their own products, and bottle their own oils with no synthetic additives. They have the highest standards (higher than the FDA's standards), and only sell oils of the highest quality. (Here is a great post with a detailed comparison of five popular oil companies out there. You get what you pay for, so do your homework!)
I'd love to talk with you if you would be interested in exploring these oils for yourself or your family. If you already use the oils, I'd love to hear how you are using them and how they are working for you. I would be happy to share our family's detailed list of personal success stories, either in person or via e-mail. As a Young Living member, I don't sell the oils, but I can help you purchase the oils at a member's discount, or I can help you get set up with your own membership so you can order them on your own with the discount. (Similar to a Sam's or Costco membership, but without the reoccurring yearly fee.)
Even Dakota uses these oils and is impressed by how well they work! (You don't lose man-points for using oils.) They're natural, chemical-free, and they work! What's not to like?
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Heather - what blend do you use for Excema? I've tried lavendar but it just doesn't seem to cut it. Tho I do think the excema is triggered by heavier-than-usual carb eating days.
Jess,
We use lavender with a little bit of coconut oil. We've tried so many things for Emma's eczema, and this has really worked better for her than anything else. The thing is, she has to stay on top of it. So as soon as she starts feeling the itching coming on, she has to start with lavender. You also have to make sure you're using a high quality lavender. It makes a difference what you use.
Post a Comment