Wednesday, December 18, 2013

What I Want For Christmas

The last couple weeks have been a whirlwind!  With birthday parties, Christmas parties, construction on the loft (which meant many irregular school days), Christmas shopping, sewing projects, baking projects, and additional activities related to the season.  This was to be one of the busiest weeks yet, when a couple of things that weren't on my to-do list suddenly came up.  Namely, sick kids. 

Ashlyn woke up yesterday with a fever and stayed in bed pretty much all day.  Today Josiah joined her.  It has been quieter around here--no children fighting over toys or tattling on siblings.  But it's not the kind of quiet I like.  I'm thankful that it's hitting this week and not next week over Christmas.  I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be short lived and limited to just the two currently sick kids.  There are things the kids and I had been looking forward to doing together this week, but it's all on hold right now.  I hope we'll still be able to do them before Christmas!  Which brings me to what I want for Christmas--a healthy family.  I take it for granted that we're healthy most of the time.  I suppose times like these help remind me to be thankful for good health.  Right now I'm praying we can get back to that quickly--I hate seeing my babies sick.

No comments: