Friday, December 13, 2013

The Difference Between Boys and Girls

There are many differences between boys and girls, as I'm learning all the time.  Yesterday I got to experience a new one.  The kids were playing happily at an indoor play area, when suddenly I noticed Josiah had blood all around his mouth.  I rushed in to get him and dashed off to the bathroom with him.  He had split his lip, but it took me a while to find where, because there was so much blood.  Once I pinpointed the spot, I had to get him to stand still so I could hold a tissue on his lip to stop the bleeding.  That was the first time during the whole ordeal that he cried.  He didn't care that his lip was split open or that his mouth was full of blood.  He just cared that I was making him stand still and was keeping him from what he wanted to do most--play in the play area. 

If it had been either of my girls who this had happened to, I would have known the second the accident occurred.  The ear piercing screams would have clued me in to the immediate emergency, and the tears would have continued to flow, even 10 minutes after the bleeding had stopped. 

But boys are just different.  The second the bleeding stopped, he was back to running, climbing and Super Man jumping off of things.  Like nothing had ever happened.  Go figure.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Having two boys, I would say these differences have more to do with personality than gender. Each of mine would react in opposite ways to that situation!