Saturday, September 7, 2013

Crazy for Coconut!

I don’t remember exactly when it happened, but sometime last year we got hooked on coconut—coconut oil, coconut butter/cream, coconut chips, coconut milk, and recently, coconut soap.  Coconut is so good for your body, and there's so much you can do with it.

The coconut oil is something we have found multiple uses for—cooking, baking, skin care and more.  So when Tropical Traditions offered to let me try their coconut oil in exchange for a blog review, I took them up on it. In addition to receiving the coconut oil, we also purchased some of their coconut cream and coconut soap.

The coconut oil was just as good, if not better, than any other we’ve tried.  It had a very light scent--almost no scent at all, really.  It makes fantastic sauteed carrots, works great for baking, creates amazing refrigerator desserts, and also does well as a skin moisturizer. (Click here for recipes for some of my favorite coconut-related treats: Dark Chocolate Raspberry Truffles, and Chocolate Covered Coconut Peppermint Patties)

Dakota says their coconut cream is better than any other coconut cream or coconut butter we’ve tried. (I would have to agree.)  It has a creamier consistency than the coconut butters we've gotten from the stores. And it makes the rich desserts I linked to above even better!

If you haven’t tried coconut oil, cream or other coconut products before, there are so many good reasons to give them a try.  You can check out this youtube video if you are looking for health reasons or ways to get started.

Tropical Traditions often has good sales or specials going on with their coconut oil or coconut cream—buy one, get one free, or free shipping. Check their website or retailmenot.com for discount codes.  Also, if you order by clicking on one of my links, and you have never ordered from Tropical Traditions before, you will receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.  (You know I love coupons, so I'm not ashamed to ask you to click on my link here to get to TT's website.)

Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review.  I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose, nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review of it.

No comments: