Thursday, July 25, 2013

Things in the Sky as the Summer goes by

Lately I've been busy doing something I don't ever really get to do.  It's called relaxing.  It's nice.  I highly recommend it!  The last week or two have actually felt like summer break.  I've hung out in the pool with the kids, gone to parks, worked on some projects, and been more leisurely with my afternoons.  (Mornings and evenings are still all about getting stuff done.)

Last weekend we hung out with some friends from college in the evening, and then went out for fireworks once it was dark.  (I love the dim picture of Josiah watching the fireworks start.  It's that little boy look of awe and wonder, with his face lit up by the fireworks.)

There was also a nice full moon that night.  I experimented with moon shots with my SLR, since I've never really done that before. 

Alas, my summer vacation is about to come to an end.  With a family wedding nearly upon us, and August about ready to smack me in the face, reality is waiting.  August will soon find me planning away the last of my summer, planning for school, planning the kids' fall activities, planning events for church, and planning who knows what else!

It's been nice while it lasted!  Hopefully I can still soak up a little more summer, along with a couple more pieces of strawberry-lemonade cake!  (More on that cake later...)

No comments: