The first week, we spent on vacation with family in Chicago. The second week was our one and only "normal" week. The third week, Dakota left for South America and the girls had VBS every day. The fourth week we hosted swim lessons every day. And then July hit!
I'll pick up at swim lessons, since I think I've covered the other happenings in earlier posts.
Our mornings were very full with several families coming in turn for lessons. I enjoyed hanging out on the deck catching up with my other mom friends and meeting a couple new moms this year.
The girls enjoyed hanging out and swimming with thier friends. Emma did well with her lessons, working on different strokes and practicing her dives. Her diving is getting pretty good, as you can see in the picture.
Ashlyn made progress in that we got her to wear goggles and to put her face in the water if she holds her nose. She wouldn't put her whole head in, so Andrea improvised to help Ashlyn get used to the feeling of getting her head wet while swimming. (Pouring a pitcher of water on her head) She wasn't too crazy about it, but she didn't howl about it as much as I expected her to.
And of course Josiah had to get in on the action. He wasn't too happy about not getting to have his own turn in the water, but he eventually came to terms with it. He did have a chance to get in on Friday after all the other kids had had their lessons, and he was happy about that. (Have I mentioned the boy has no fear of water?)
More of July's happenings to come in the near future!

No comments:
Post a Comment