Emma said they were the best chip of any kind she'd ever tasted. She also thinks I should try to sell them in stores, because they're just that good. (Thanks for the vote of confidence, kiddo!)
The chips were pretty easy to make. I heated my pan on medium-high for a couple minutes and then added my coconut flakes. I was caught off guard by how quickly they toasted. At first it seemed like they were going to take a while to brown, but once they started, they went very fast. I'd say 4-5 minutes.
I used a combination of salt, cinnamon, and a pinch of sugar (maybe 1/8 tsp?). They were a wonderful nutty combination of sweet and salty.
My kids all loved them. In fact, the girls would have devoured the whole batch within a matter of minutes if I hadn't stopped them.
This will be a recipe we'll try again. I'm looking forward to experimenting with different flavors. If you try it with some other seasonings, let me know!
Update: I experimented with a few new flavors over the weekend, and I found some winners! I made one batch with apple pie spice (3/4 tsp), salt (1/4 tsp), and sugar (pinch); another batch with garlic powder (1/2 tsp) and salt (1/4 tsp); and a third batch with chili powder (1/2 tsp) and salt (1/4 tsp). Emma preferred the apple pie spice batch, but my favorite was the one with chili powder.
No comments:
Post a Comment