Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Gift of Laughter

I believe laughter is a wonderful gift.  The Bible even says laughter is good medicine.  So today, I want to share with you the gift that my children have given to me--laughter.  Here are some of their funny quotes that I've been saving up for a while...

Josiah doesn't say too much yet, but just this week he picked up the phrase, "I need that!"  He now shouts the phrase as often as he sets his eyes on something he wants--in the house or in the stores--but most of the time he shouts it when his sisters have something he wants.

From Emma:
"Dad, maybe someday we'll have husbands who like carrots so much that their hair will be so shiny that we can spot them really easily in a crowd!"  (She was once told by one of her aunts that eating carrots will make your hair shiny.  She hasn't forgotten that.)

From Ashlyn:
Ashlyn: "Mom, someday I want to get fat."
Mom: "Why?"
Ashlyn: "Because I know how to spell fat!"

"Mom, I'm pretending these grape stems are birds.  This one came from China, this one from Near Ork (New York), this one is from the Iowa airport, and this one is from the pond."

"I once saw a man on TV who was trying to extra-size (exercise) with a bar.  The people clapped, and then he fell.  Then he fell some more."  (She was retelling about one of the Olympics weight-lifting contests.)

Mom: "How do you think people get married?"
Ashlyn: "They have to promise, promise, promise that they won't get in trouble and they'll stay away from danger.  Then they're married."

"It just fills my heart with joy when we get to go to Chuck E. Cheeses!"

"Josiah clogged himself today at lunch."  (Telling Dakota that Josiah put too much food in his mouth at lunch.)

"I love when cats eat chipmunks!"

"I have the best family that loves me more than anyone in the whole world!  And by the way, just so you know Mom, I think your face smells like salt."


I love my goofy kids!

No comments: