We just stayed in the town, which was fine with the girls. I created a scavenger hunt for Emma to fill in as she visited each building. It had at least one question she had to ask at each building/house in the town.
Emma really liked having the scavenger hunt questions. (And so did I.) She said it helped her feel more comfortable talking to the people who work there (playing their 1870's character rolls). And I think we also learned more than we would have, had we just been touring the town like we've done in the past.
I think we may try to go back one more time next week before they close for the season. Maybe we'll visit the 1900 farm. I'd like to think of more questions to have Emma ask and learn about. Any suggestions?
1 comment:
That's a neat idea and some accountability that allows her to use her speaking skills, as well as investigative skills.
Post a Comment