No, we are not getting a new oven, and no, we are not starting our own home-made bread business. Can you guess?
Did you get it?
We (I) do indeed have “a bun in the oven.” This TOP SECRET project we’ve been working on for about 11 weeks now has finally been declassified. Family, you are now free to share the news. Next year, in late April, we will go from a family of 4 to a family of 5.
Hopefully this will excuse the extreme hermit-like behavior I have exhibited over the past couple of months. It hasn’t exactly gone as idyllically as I would have liked. This time through has definitely been the hardest of the three. I’ve been very sick and tired, nearly all day, every day, right from the start. It’s been pretty miserable. But I’m hoping that some relief might be in sight, hopefully in the next couple weeks, and I will be able to finally rejoin the land of the living!
FAQ:
Do the girls know? Yes, the girls have known for a little while now. Emma was surprised and excited, but Ashlyn was completely indifferent. What they were both very excited about was learning that they would be sharing a room when the baby comes.
Are we going to find out if it’s a boy or a girl? Yeah-hua! (You wouldn’t have to ask if you really knew me well.) I've heard people say you can be surprised at 20 weeks or at 40 weeks. I’ll take the surprise at 20 weeks, so I can prepare for what to do with it at 40 weeks!
Are we hoping for a boy? It was not and is not our intent to keep trying until we get one of each gender. We’ll happily take whichever God has planned for us. If it happens to be another girl, then great! We’re well-stocked for girls around here! And if it happens to be a boy, then look out siblings and cousins—we’ll be coming after you for hand-me-downs! ;)
Any strange cravings? Ketchup. That’s very strange for me.
So, please forgive me in advance for the next couple weeks of continued cave dwelling. It’s just that I can’t stomach the thought of leaving the house for anything other than emergencies or doctor appointments right now. But soon, and very soon, I sure hope that will change!
9 comments:
Congratulations!!! So, so excited for you! I saw the picture and couldn't quit smiling. :)
YAY!!! Congrats, Derr clan! I've been wanting pineapple. I like pineapple normally but I really love it now...and beer (non-alcholic, of course) again. Pregnancy does weird stuff to me. Prepare, my friend, we parents are about to be outnumbered :)
Congratulations!!! I wondered a couple weeks ago, when you made a comment on fb about having some sort of craving. :) So excited and happy for you guys!
Congrats to you guys....hope you start feeling better soon!
Congratulations!! How exciting!! I hope you start feeling better soon, too!
Congratulations!! I had wondered because there have been a couple different times in the last few weeks where you've told me you didn't feel well and I haven't seen you for a while!:) hope you feel better soon!
Congratulations!
Thanks everyone. :)
Amy--yep, zone defense from now on!
Michelle--yeah, haven't felt well for a while now. But we also had a bad cold going through the house a few weeks ago, which I think was the first time I told you I didn't feel well. But I know it's kind of easy to get suspicious when someone disappears for a while and says they don't feel well the few times you talk to them. :)
Yay! I'm so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment