Every morning after breakfast, she wants to put her ballet leotard on and dance around the house. One morning she ran up to me and told me she was going to get her costume to put on. I asked her why she needed her costume, and she replied, "Because the wheels on the bus go round and round!" Of course! That would be enough to make anyone put on a ballet costume! No?
And I've heard her walking around with a fake cough more than once recently, saying, "I need a drink. I'm very coughy!"
Another thing she started doing toward the end of the summer was talking to my toes and treating them like they're people. She will talk to them, ask them questions, and introduce them to all her stuffed animals and family members nearby.
But the best are the endless "I never" statements. I have no idea where she got started on this, but these statements have come, usually quite randomly, over the past couple months. They all start out with, "When I was a little kid, I never...
...had crackers with cheese before."
...went to see hot air balloons before."
...stayed warm before all by myself."
...goed in a ant farm."
...eated garlicky before."
...seed Grandpa."
...danced with Zoe."
...flied on a kite."
...walked by myself into Hy-Vee."
...flied on a helicopter before."
And there was also, "When I was a little kid, you never put a red blanket on me before."
Of course, Ashlyn isn't the only funny girl we have. Just this morning Emma ran up to me excitedly, having just discovered that she could move her eyebrows up and down all by herself! She thought it was the best trick ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment