Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sisters

We've had many people comment on who they think each of our girls look like. Surprisingly, we've had a number of people who say they don't think Emma and Ashlyn look much like each other. Well, here's your chance to judge. These are pictures of both the girls at 9 months old, both wearing the same sweater. Do you think they look alike? Can you tell which is which?

By the way, Ashlyn update: she went in for her 9 month check up yesterday. She was 21 pounds 3 ounces, and 28.75 inches long. For comparison, Emma weighed one ounce less and was .25 inches longer. So they were almost identical sizes at 9 months. But here's what doesn't make sense to me--the doctor said Ashlyn is in the 80th percentile for weight and height, but somehow, at 1 ounce less and 1/4 inch longer, Emma was in the 90th percentile. How can Ashlyn weigh an ounce more, and be lower in the percentiles than Emma?

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm in the 'they have their own look' camp. :) Isn't it funny though, different perceptions -- I remember when Elijah was a baby I could be carrying him at church and within MOMENTS of each other, one person would rave how much he looked like me, and the next person we go on and on how he looked like Tim. :)

Jenny said...

I don't think they look too much alike either. The question is, who does each of them look more like- you or Dakota?? :) I can definitely tell who is who in those pictures. :) Funny how they are so close to the same size! I know they just guess when they look at the percentile line graphs cause we've had some "results" that are messed up like that, too.