Saturday, September 13, 2014

Up to our Eyeballs in Apples!

Last weekend (see, I'm getting closer to being caught up!) we headed north to gorge ourselves on apples! We took our annual trip to The Berry Patch and loaded up with more pounds of apples than I am comfortable admitting.

It was a BEAUTIFUL morning for being outside!
We started filling our bags with apples.  And we ate a few too. 
This little guy thought a bite of apple sounded good, too!
After we picked our fill of apples, we turned our attention to raspberries.  Eating... picking... it's all the same, right?  At least to kids it is.  The kids' containers were strangely low on raspberries, but we know they picked a lot.  Not such a mystery.

Today I made a huge batch of dehydrated apples, and another huge batch of apple sauce.  And just so I don't get bored, Dakota and the kids went to a co-worker's house today and picked several more bags of apples.  My dehydrator and new apple sauce strainer are going to get quite a workout in the coming weeks!

No comments: