Sunday, August 17, 2014

State Fair Fun

The weather was amazing all week long.  It was the kind of weather we never get at the start of August--a mix of sun and clouds, comfortable temperatures, and very low humidity.  Perfect for going to the state fair!  Only, that weather disappeared when it came to the day we planned on going.  On Friday, we arrived at the fair around 8:45am.  About 15 minutes later the rain arrived, and it rained all-day-long!  I don't think the temperatures ever made it out of the 60's all day either.  I guess one more day of perfect weather was just too much to ask.

But we made the best of it, despite the weather.  Unfortunately, another disaster was waiting in the wings.  After a long day of fun fair-going, snapping pictures and taking videos, my camera card somehow became corrupted.  Dakota is working on recovering the pictures, but as of yet, I don't have any to share.
 
But I did a little searching online and I was able to find this video clip that IPTV aired of the Mutton Bustin' contest.  Both Josiah and Ashlyn participated in the contest; though, I only spotted Ashlyn in the video.

Her short ride is at minute 1:47, and there's another shot of her back/number at 2:06.  (She changed her shirt before her ride, so that's why she's wearing different shirts in the shots.)  We also appear in the background at 2:30.

Hopefully the pictures and videos from my camera card will be salvageable, and then I can share about the other contests, rides, animals, and more!  Check back in a few days for the rest of the story!

No comments: