Monday, May 26, 2014

Exploring with Dad, and Other New Things

On Monday nights during this past school year, I have been teaching gymnastics classes at the gym where our girls attend.  So that means Dakota has been on his own with the kids on Monday nights.

Recently, he took them all out to explore the trail and creek that run behind our house.  The kids loved it!  In fact, they're out on another explore right now, while I get to enjoy a short time of peace and quiet, and get a couple things checked off my to-do list.

Rain boots are great for splashing in the creek...
 ...unless you discover a hole in your boot!
 Dead trees are a good place for spotting lots of bugs.
 And magnifying glasses are great for making your eye look huge!


Also, while I'm sharing pictures of things from outside, I thought I'd share a few pictures of some new things that are new to our yard this spring.

A new honey crisp apple tree!  If the rabbits don't saw it off, like they did to our blueberry bush last year, we should have a nice crop of apples in about 2 years.

Some new hanging baskets of flowers...

And a little monkey who just recently learned how to go across the monkey bars all by herself.  She's pretty proud of that accomplishment!

No comments: