Yesterday I was doing some experimenting with a muffin recipe a friend gave me. I was trying to find a good, natural, substitute for sugar and a way to make the muffins even more moist. I'm happy to say, I think the experiment was a success! So, for anyone who might be interested, here is the recipe:
Dry
1 1/2 C flour (I do half all-purpose, half whole wheat)
1/2 C quick cook oats
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
Wet
1 egg
1/2 C orange juice
1/3 C honey
1/3 C sour cream
1/4 C unsweetened applesauce
2 Tbsp coconut oil (could also use Canola oil)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Fruit
1.5-2 Cups of fresh or dried fruit. (The more, the better, in my opinion)
Preheat oven to 400. Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl, and all of the wet ingredients in another bowl. Pour the wet bowl into the dry bowl and mix until well combined. Fold in the fruit. Bake about 12-15 minutes for mini muffins or 18-20 for regular muffins. This also makes good mini loaves of bread.
I've tried this recipe with blueberries, tart cherries, peaches, craisins and apples, on their own and in various combinations. All have been very tasty! Yesterday I used fresh blueberries, and craisins. Yum!
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oooooh! this sounds good! I'll have to try it very soon!
Post a Comment