So that being said, Happy 4th of July! (Pretend that today's not July 6th.) Dakota took the girls out for fireworks on the 3rd, while Josiah and I hung out together at home. I was told Dakota picked out a good viewing spot, complete with lots of tiny frogs. The girls were just as interested in catching tiny frogs as they were in watching fireworks.
It was a very late night, and we all slept in the next day. :)
Over the weekend, the girls also enjoyed some pool time, and Josiah looked very cool in his new sunglasses and patriotic wear.
Earlier in the week, the girls received some "rock star" gear from their grandma. Not exactly sure what qualified it as "rock star" gear, but once they were all decked out, that's what the girls insisted they were--rock stars.

And while I'm thinking about it, Dakota's brother and his family came up the weekend before the 4th. Tara and I got to do some shopping, the kids got to run around and be crazy together, and Noah and Josiah had a moment of male-cousin bonding time. :)
I think that gets me all caught up for now. Tomorrow is Dakota's and my 10th wedding anniversary. So if my current belated-posting trend holds, I should be posting something about it a couple weeks from now. ;) Not exactly sure what all is in store for me over the next couple days, but I know it involves handing over my children (I might get to keep Josiah) to Dakota's parents for parts of the next two days. No big trips planned, though--it's a little too hard to do that with a 2 month old. We'll save that for another time!
1 comment:
Happy 10th Anniversary tomorrow!
Post a Comment