Thursday, June 23, 2011

This Month in a Nutshell

Wow! Has it really been a month since I last posted something? I knew I was behind, but I didn't think it had been that long! (Blame it on the baby!) :)

Sooo... where to begin? How about we start with catching up on the news, and then I'll flood my next post with new pictures of the growing baby.

Toward the beginning of the month, Dakota and I spent two days at the Iowa Homeschool Conference. Dakota's parents looked after the girls, and we took Josiah with us. The girls were treated to trips to Pump It Up, Chuck E. Cheese and Living History Farms. I don't think they missed us one bit. ;)

Dakota and I really enjoyed the conference. The speakers were great, and we got all of our curriculum decided upon and purchased for this fall. Walking around the vendor hall is always one of my favorite things about the conference. So many booths, with so many good books, and so many fun educational toys, and so many great ideas... I feel like a kid in a candy store! Restraint is not my strength in situations like that. (That's why I bring Dakota.)

Emma is excited about the new books that keep arriving. We have some fun things planned for the fall! Now I just need to find some time to sit down and organize everything. If only moms got paid vacation time! I could really use about a week off!

(Insert good transition here...) :)

Last Saturday was race day around here! Emma ran in her first road race, and Dakota ran with her, pushing Ashlyn in the jogging stroller. It was a mile long race, and Emma ran the whole thing, finishing in about 9 and 1/2 minutes. A great job for a 6 year old's first race, I'd say!


Emma definitely has good distance-runner form! I suppose that's not much of a surprise, though, with two parents who have been distance runners.


After the mile race, they had a "Tadpole Trot" for the little kids. It was just a short run across the parking lot, but Ashlyn had fun running in that. After the races, both girls began making plans for future races.




This week we've been waiting for the rain to end so we could get some new bunk beds in here. (For the family and anyone else wondering, it's western Iowa that is disappearing under water. We're not flooding here, but we certainly are sick of the rain!) The man who has been building the bunk beds for us only has an open trailer. So we've been waiting for a dry day for him to bring them over. Today was finally that day! Yea! But there were some other problems that came up after the beds arrived... I'll post more on the bunk beds later, including pictures. So keep an eye out for that.

Well, those have been a few of the bigger stories going on recently. Now to go search my files for some pictures of our growing boy! Stay tuned!

No comments: