Today was a nice wrap up to our week of birthday celebrations. I was happy to receive the 3 things I asked for for my birthday--a cranberry-orange muffin from Panera for breakfast, new pens to replace my favorite ones that are showing signs of wearing out soon, and a recommended parenting book that I've been wanting to read. And as an added bonus I also received some homemade zucchini bread and a new camera lens! Oh, and I shouldn't leave out the cute card and picture Emma made for me. I was very blessed by my family with such nice gifts. Dinner was also a treat, as we had some friends over to share the evening with us. One of the best parts was I made up a new recipe on the fly and it turned out really good! And during dinner I got a call from my youngest sister, letting me know she survived her 30 hour dance marathon! Always a good gift to know when a younger sibling has survived such a rigorous feat, and still has her two feet!
Tomorrow is Monday, and a trip back to reality. Tomorrow I'll get back to all the chores and to-do's that I got to skip this weekend. *sigh* I don't usually dread Mondays so much, but I think I may have to make an exception for tomorrow.
Thanks for all the well wishes that have been sent my way this weekend! It's wonderful to be blessed by friends and family in such a big way!
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad you had a fun day and all your wishes came true! :) What book did you get? Not that I need another good one to read, I have three going at the same time right now! Ha!
The book was Have a New Kid by Friday. I figured I would have to buy it b/c I've already renewed it once from the library and I'm not even 1/2 way through. Plus Dakota wants to read it. I've got so many other projects on my plate right now, reading is slow going.
I checked that out from the library not too long ago, but just couldn't get into it. Which reminds me, if you think of it, could you send that 5 conversations book to AWANA with Emma sometime? Thanks! :) Oh, and that is great that Dakota wants to read it. I can rarely get Jeff to read parenting books.
Post a Comment