Emma's birthday was earlier this week, but she had her party today. She had a small group of girls over, and asked for her birthday to be a mystery theme. (She's really into mysteries right now!)
So we started the party by making some I-Spy tubes. I was so excited when Dakota found some clear, plastic tubes at Menards that I could use for this idea.
Take a tube...
Get a bag of small beads or plastic pieces...
Gather a handful of miniature objects...
Mix the miniatures with the beads and pour them into the tube. Then I used hot glue to glue the top of the tube on, and voila!
One little girl was very excited about making these. She said she had just been to the store with her mom and wanted to buy one, but her mom said they were $20 and that was too much money. Now she's got one that she made herself.
Next, it was on to the treasure hunt! I had written out clues and hidden them around the house for the girls to find. At the end of the hunt was a treasure box full of surprises.
It was fun to hear the girls read the clues and then run from room to room, all looking for the next card. Emma enjoyed the hunt so much, she spent some time this afternoon trying to make up her own treasure hunt for Ashlyn. We'll give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes.
Then we had Emma's favorite birthday cake--she's requested the same thing for the past 3 years--ice cream cone cupcakes.
After that, it was on to presents, games and a short detective DVD. Fun times!
Later in the afternoon, Emma and Ashlyn wanted to play one of the new games Emma got from a friend. It was a game that combined princesses and jewelry, so of course they loved it! Here are pictures of them at the end of the game, after they had acquired all of their pieces of princess jewelry.

Fast forward a bit to this evening, when we went out to get a head start on celebrating my birthday. I've got a stack of freebie birthday coupons to stores and restaurants, and tonight seemed like a good time to start using them. First on the list, my coupon for a free dinner at Bravo, a very yummy Italian place. This was the first time we had taken the girls with us, and we were shocked to see that the children's portions were just as large as the adult portions! But at children's menu prices! Made me wish I could order off the kid's menu!!
Then we went to Build-a-Bear where the girls used a couple more coupons, and picked out two little dogs for free. And finally, it was on to TCBY for my free birthday ice cream treat! Now this day is done, but a whole new day of birthday surprises lay in wait for me tomorrow! Time for bed!
1 comment:
Oh it's sounds like you guys had a fabulous birthday celebration!! You can add another to your March birthday list... mine is on the 17th :) I agree it's a totally busy birthday month. I have so many friends and family born in March!
Post a Comment