When I was teaching and pregnant with Emma, I told the school counselor what we were planning to name Emma. She loved the name and quickly looked up its meaning. "Nurse" or "grandmother" was what she told me. Grandmother? I don't know about that. But as Emma grows older, I see the personality of a caretaker (nurse?) emerging more and more. Even during this pregnancy she has often delighted in finding ways to help me or take care of me.
When I was pregnant with Ashlyn, we looked up the meaning of her name. According to the website we were looking at, Ashlyn = "dreamer." And I have to say, pretty much from the day she was born, she has been the most amazing sleeper!
I never put much stock into the whole meaning of names thing before, but after reflecting on the names and traits of our two girls, I think we need to choose carefully the name of this newest family member. I think I'd like to find a boy's name that means tidy, calm and agreeable. Do you think that would be asking too much? (Oh wait--I'm having a BOY, not a pet rock!)
Friday, January 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL! :)
Yeah...pretty sure the name for tidy and agreeable is "Asleep" for a boy. So name him Al.
Post a Comment