Monday, January 10, 2011

Las Camas y La Clase

If you've talked to me much since Christmas, you have probably discovered that my life has revolved around two central missions...
If you haven't talked to me much since Christmas, well, it's probably because my life has revolved around two central missions...
1. Researching bunk beds
2. Working on my online class so I can renew my teaching license this spring.

I've been glued to the computer for more time that I care to admit, and I feel I have little to show for it besides a growing stack of bunk beds to consider, and brain buzz. Though, I suppose it's not all a loss. The online class is a Spanish class, looking at a long list of Latino authors and becoming familiar with their works. It has been helpful in some small ways, since Emma has been asking to incorporate Spanish into our daily homeschool lessons.

But last night all the bunk beds and Spanish came crashing down on me. At the time when I was supposed to be in the midst of a restful slumber, I was tossing and turning with brain overload. In my restless dreams, I was being made to write reviews of all the bunk beds we've looked at--and I was being made to write it all in Spanish! It was too much!

So today, I do have one bunk bed company I need to call, but after that, I'm going to try to find some other things to occupy my brain. Hopefully we can make a decision on beds soon, and I will finish up the work for my class in the next week. It's clear that I need some new projects to obsess about! :)

No comments: