Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Randomness

Last week Emma celebrated her half birthday. You have no idea how important half birthdays are until your child is about five. Then, it seems like every week, you're asked whether or not they are five and a half yet. So to celebrate, she got to have her best friend over for lunch, her favorite lunch (sandwiches), and her favorite treat (chocolate! in the form of a cupcake with chocolate chips and sprinkles). Happy half birthday my dear!

We also got word last week that Traveling Addy made it safely to Brisbane, Australia. She enjoyed a brief exposure to Brisbane's winter, which we here in the Midwest would kill for. The host family noted that their winters are very mild, and they had in fact just attended an outdoor wedding at a strawberry farm. This weekend Addy was sent off to another host family in another country. Watch for updates on her travels.

And finally, this post on random things wouldn't be complete without some funny, random kid quotes...

Back on Emma's long-awaited half birthday, I asked her, "Now that you're 5 and 1/2, what new things will you be able to do today that you've never been able to do before?" She thought about it a minute and then excitedly said, "Maybe I can do all the laundry for you!" Hallelujah! I'll take it! :)

Ashlyn: "I don't have any 'ballet tards.' Will you help me find my 'ballet tards?'"
We had to play a little 20 questions, but I finally figured out that "ballet tards" is what she calls her dancing shoes.

Ashlyn: "I want some smashed potatoes! They're very smashy!"

Thank you and goodnight!

No comments: