Emma loves learning new tricks and showing them off to us.
Ashlyn has no fear and hangs from and flips over the bars like the true monkey she is.
They love having something to climb all over, and we love that it helps burn off some of their pent-up, stuck-in-the-house, winter energy.
Having this climbing thing has also brought back lots of childhood memories for me. I was the most fearless of all monkeys when I was young. If there was something to climb, I climbed it--even if it wasn't meant for climbing, I tried to climb it... and hang from it... and flip off of it... My dad even built a real set of monkey bars in our basement. How cool is that? So I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that I've got a couple monkeys of my own now.
These days, my favorite thing to climb is into bed. How old and boring am I? Good thing I've got these girls to remind me that once upon a time I used to be young and have lots of energy. What is that they say about reliving your own childhood through your kids? If only we could find some big-people monkey bars, I'd be in business!
No comments:
Post a Comment