Monday, February 1, 2010

Ashlyn Says...

I may need to add a new column to the side of my blog for the funny things Ashlyn is starting to say! She's talking so much now and cracks us up with the sayings she picks up from who knows where.

The other day, there was a noise outside. She told me, all excitedly, "I heard mail truck!" I told her it wasn't the mail truck. Then she exclaimed, "I heard snow cow!" I laughed and asked if she meant snow plow, to which she replied, "Snow cow--mooooo!"

Later that day Emma and I were trying to get her to say the word plow, but every time it came out cow. I guess right now, that's just how she says plow. Either that, or she's strongly convinced that there's a large cow that comes around to shovel snow out of the street.

Then today, while reading books, I started asking her who some of the characters on the pages were. I pointed to Cookie Monster and asked, "Who's that?" And without skipping a beat, she said, "Grandpa!" Hmmm... last time I checked, none of her grandpas were covered in blue fuzz.

This is a fun stage when they start talking and you get some clues as to what is going on in that funny little mind. Or if not a clue, at least you get a good laugh!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Those are funny stories! I don't think I've ever heard her say a word- she's growing up so fast! Looking forward to Friday and so are the girls- I told them today and they can't wait! :)