(Before)
So this afternoon, we headed to the salon, where I helped the beautician measure 5 small ponytails to just the right length. Then the cutting began. One by one, the beautician handed the ponytails to Emma, who held them with pride. When it was all over, her hair looked so short! Shorter than I expected. But Emma said she liked it, so I relaxed and watched as she had it styled into a cute bob.
It's going to take some getting used to (for me), but as long as Emma feels happy and self-confident with it, then that's all that really matters. I'll miss her long hair, but I know it'll grow back quickly.
Emma is always wanting to do things to help other people, and I'm really proud of what she did today. Today it was personal. She gave a part of herself to help another person, and I think that's about as good as it gets.
4 comments:
Natalie was so proud to hold her hair to donate when she did that last year. That was a good idea to make 5 ponytails... that stylist must have known what she was doing! Emma looks cute!
Oh, and you'll LOVE it when it comes to brushing it- SO much easier! That's the best part for the mom! :)
your precious girl has the most tender-giving heart! I know you must be so proud. If her heart is so sensitive to the needs of others now, just imagine all that God will be able to use her for as she gets older!
I really love her new look! It is so cute!
Post a Comment