Sunday, March 8, 2015

March--In Like a Lion!

Boy!  March sure has come in like a lion!  But I'm not talking about the weather.  I'm talking about our health.

We managed to get through the whole winter with just some typical coughs and colds.  And even those, I somehow miraculously managed to avoid.  But it just seems like our immune systems all pooped out on us around the start of the month. 

I got my first cold of the season.  Then two kids got the stomach bug.  Then my cold, which I thought I was nearly over, made a strong comeback.  Then the third child got the stomach bug.  And finally, I got it (over my birthday, no less).  Ugh! 

I'm calling a do-over on my birthday, by the way.  I think that's in the rules somewhere that you can  call a do-over if you're sick on your big day.

It's been a very rough start to a month we were looking forward to with such anticipation.  The bright sunshine over the past few days, and the promised warmth of the coming week are what are keeping me going right now.

I'm hoping we really do hit the 60's by midweek so I can open the windows and air out the house!  And a deep cleaning is in order... after my energy finds its way back to me.  I'm just going to pretend that it's on vacation someplace warm and tropical right now.  And when it comes back, it will bring all that joyful warmth with it! 

No comments: