Thursday, November 14, 2013

Under Construction (Again)

I didn't realize how grateful I am for the school room addition we built onto our house last year.  I didn't realize how much we used it and how much I took that space for granted already.  I didn't realize it until last week when we couldn't use it at all.

Getting school done in other areas of the house last week was kind of a big disaster.  (And I think that's putting it nicely.)

When we first built the school room, we knew we wanted to build in a loft on the side of the room with the vaulted ceiling.  But we knew it was a project that would have to wait until we saved up a little more.  After spending the last year planning and saving, we were ready to start work on it.

Here is a before picture.

Here's what was finished at the end of the week.

No, we're not just going to have a blue-tape stair case for getting up to the loft. There's still more work to do.  Dakota is helping with getting the railings in, and the friend who is building it for us is working on building the stairs at his house.  He cleaned up all of his tools and things at the end of last week so we could use the room for our pie making party over the weekend and get back in there for school this week.  Once the stairs are finished, he'll bring them over and finish things up.  I'll update with another post when the project is finished!

No comments: