Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Let's Talk Turkey

I asked Ashlyn this morning, "How do you make a Thanksgiving turkey?"  She looked at me funny, but I told her to just tell me her best guess.  She thought for a minute, and then said...

"Well, I think you use paper first, and then find plastic and put it over it.  Then cut out names and write what you are thankful for, and tape the wings onto the turkey.  Then hang the turkey on the wall!"

I was so confused by what she was saying until she got to the end.  Then I cracked up laughing!  She was talking about making a Thankful Turkey like what we had done for school last year!

So then I rephrased my question and tried again.  "How do you make the kind of Thanksgiving turkey that you eat?"

Her answer was simple--"With chicken!"  And she danced out of the room.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: