Surviving the morning picture taking session earned us all naps and/or some relaxing time in the pool. That afternoon a friend from college and her two girls joined us in the pool. I loved getting to catch up with Becky again, and Emma loved having two other girls around to play with.

After swimming, we all went to the hot air balloon festival in Indianola. We got there in time to see several balloons launching and landing in the big field.

The kids also talked Grandma into letting them take a couple train rides and a trip to the bounce house.

As the balloons were getting set up for the night glow, they opened the gates so spectators could walk around the balloons on the field. In all the years we've gone, this is the first time we've been allowed out on the field. It was neat to be able to get as close to the baskets as we wanted, but the little ones weren't too crazy about the heat or noise when the balloons fired up. At dusk, the night glow began.

The next day was similar to the first, with more swimming and more time back at the balloon festival.

(The second picture from the top, on the left side--the one of Erin feeding the eagle--was shown on channel 13 during their noon news. I submitted the photo, and the girls and I just happened to catch it the next day. It's very fun to see your picture on TV!)
During my family's time here, we did our part to make sure TCBY stays in business.

And Emma and Jess battled through several rounds of Mancala and Cribbage.
Nathan and Josiah had some hang out time. Nathan is such a little peanut, and Josiah is such a chunky monkey--they were nearly the same size! (By the way, Nathan is 20 months old, and Josiah is 3 months old.)
On the final evening, and after our last visit to TCBY, we all went over to a nearby park to play. Mainly, I had some photography ideas I wanted to play around with, and the family agreed to be my guinea pigs.
After I had tried what I set out to do, everyone else ran around and played and I continued shooting.

Monday morning the family left, and the girls and I discovered one very uninvited guest hanging around--a very large wasp! Thankfully a neighbor was home and graciously agreed to come kill it for me. (I'm allergic to them.) Then I let the girls watch movies as I set about tackling laundry and getting the house back in order. (Oh, and sorting through and editing the nearly 600 pictures I took over the previous five days!!! Oy!) Have I earned my vacation yet?
1 comment:
Looks like you had a really fun time with your family!
Post a Comment