About two weeks ago (yes, I'm that behind), my mom and step-dad came to stay for a few days. I think their main purpose in coming was to spoil the girls. And the girls didn't mind one bit! One day they all went to the zoo for several hours. They loved getting to feed all the animals in the feeding area. If Grandma and Grandpa would have let them, I think the girls would have stayed in that area all day!

Ashlyn still talks about getting to feed the really big llama. She says that was her favorite part.
And I think Emma was really impressed by the camel ride. Now that she has bunk beds in her room, she gets on the top bunk and pretends to take camel rides to various places.
The next day the girls were treated to a couple hours of bouncing at Monkey Joe's, lunch at the mall, and ice cream at TCBY.
Dakota, Josiah and I were left to fend for ourselves while Grandma and Grandpa took the girls out both days. Dakota and I remarked to each other how quiet it was around the house. And how quick and easy it was to make lunch for just ourselves those two days!
Those were the last two "easy" days for me. Our girls were returned to our care the next day, and Dakota went back to work the day after that.
It helps that the weather is getting nicer (when it's not raining!!) so the girls can play outside more. And we had pretty much finished up the school year when Josiah arrived, so there's not the pressure to try to get that done every day too. (Though, Emma still asks to do math and reading most days, so I think we'll continue doing at least some of that through the summer.)
Big thanks go out to all the family and friends who have watched our kids or taken them out, brought us meals, and blessed us with many other gifts. It's good to have some help when you find yourself treading water for a time!
No comments:
Post a Comment