With each of my two previous pregnancies, there seemed to be one main thing I craved throughout the pregnancy. With Emma it was cottage cheese. With Ashlyn it was soup (and I am NOT a soup eater). And this time around isn't proving to be much different, with one consistent craving--this baby seems to have a thing for Taco Bell! I could eat their crispy potato soft tacos, with extra baja sauce, every day! Good thing for my wallet, they're only $.89, but probably not such a good thing for my waste line that this is the object of my desires! By the way, typing about this craving is not helping--now my mouth is watering and all I can think about is a crispy potato soft taco!!
When I started thinking about these pregnancy cravings, it made me also think back to some aversions I've had. When I was pregnant with Emma, I couldn't stand corn! I didn't want to see it, smell it or have it anywhere near me.
The other, and much stranger aversion I had when pregnant with her, was music. I couldn't stand to listen to ANY music!! Hearing just a single note or phrase would get a song stuck in my head for hours and irritate me to no end. It didn't matter if I knew the song or not. It didn't take long before hearing any music just made me mad. This became a problem especially in our home, as Dakota was the worship leader for our church at the time. That meant he had to practice playing music throughout the week, and he played every Sunday at church. It was a good thing he had a keyboard with headphones, and it was a good thing he had to be at church early to set up and practice each Sunday. That meant we could drive separately, and I could time my arrival for after the music was done.
So far, smells are the main thing that have bothered me the most this time around. The most chronic offenders have included hand soap and hairspray. I have at least 7 or 8 different brands of hairspray upstairs right now (almost all say "unscented"), and there's really only one of them that I can tolerate. The rest will have to wait until after this baby is born, at which time I shouldn't have to buy hairspray for a couple years. :)
Friday, November 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats on the new bundle! I bet the girls are SO excited for a new brother or sister. I can't wait to read more.
Post a Comment