Sunday, November 7, 2010

Monkey Brains

On Wednesday, I was doing my weekly shopping at Hy-Vee. One of the reasons I like to go on Wednesdays, is you get 10% off of anything in their health market section. While getting our regular weekly items, I found something new that happened to be on sale. (Have I mentioned I'm a sucker for a sale?) It was an all-natural blueberry and strawberry flavored oatmeal. No high-fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors or colors or anything. It looked interesting, it looked healthy, and it was a good price. And it was called, Monkey Brains! How could I pass it up? The girls saw it too, and they wanted to eat Monkey Brains!

The next morning they were excited about their new oatmeal. I came downstairs after they were done with breakfast, and noticed one very hyper little two year old dancing around in her socks and underwear. After a short time, I asked her if she was cold. To which she replied, "I'm a cold, dancing monkey!"

The next morning after breakfast, Emma was literally running laps around the house. Both girls loudly (and physically) proclaimed their love for eating monkey brains! They love talking about eating monkey brains because it sounds silly. But I think they also love the amazing rush of energy it seems to bring on shortly after eating it.

I think I need to try some of this stuff for breakfast. Too bad I can't stand to eat oatmeal. But maybe if I think of it as monkey brains instead of oatmeal... mmm... yeah, I just don't see it happening.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That sounds... interesting. :) We love to chop up an apple into small cubes and cook it (skin and all) in with plain old fashioned oatmeal on the stove and add cinnamon and a little brown sugar. I don't know if I could eat something called Monkey Brains! :) Funny how it seems to give them energy, too. :)