Thursday, August 21, 2008

In the Beginning...

Today is a day of beginnings, of sorts, for us. My Emma is off at her first day of preschool, and the baby is sleeping, so what better way to spend this first unclaimed hour I've had in (too long to remember) than starting a blog?! I was inspired by a friend of mine who recently started one of her own in an attempt to simplify her life. Simplify? Thought I. But the more I thought about it, the more it made sense--I can just put one post here and share a few pictures, instead of sending out multiple e-mails of the same story to multiple people, wherein I eventually lose track of who I've sent what to, and someone usually ends up being left out. So, sorry if this loses a bit of the personal touch an individual e-mail would have, but you'll probably be better kept up on our comings and goings if you check back here every now and then.


So, on to preschool! Emma has woken up every day for the last week, asking us if "today" is the day she gets to go to school. When we took her for meet-your-teacher night earlier this week, she didn't want to leave. She made herself right at home in the room and found plenty of things to keep herself busy.


She picked out her clothes yesterday, so she would be all ready for this morning. The school has a dress code, so she has to wear a solid colored top and khaki bottoms. Of course, she picked a blue top, since blue is her favorite color, and khaki capris. And she got to wear her new blue hair clips with her name on them, sent to her by her aunt Tara. With a hug and a quick picture, she was off to her first day of school. I can't wait to hear what stories she has to tell when I go pick her up later this morning.


Well, that's about all there's time for now. Need to finish getting myself together before the baby is up and wanting to eat again. Check back again later for more updates!

3 comments:

Olivia Michal said...

Yeah! Welcome to blogging. We've found it helpful to keep updated with friends and family also and much easier than sending out pics to tons of different people.
The Browns
www.oliviamichal.blogspot.com
www.lilbrownbaby.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

hi there
love your blog! this is the first one that i have been on! hope emma did great at school- need more pictures-- baby is getting so big!
great idea!
dawn

Stephen Ortman said...

Can't wait to hear how her first day of preschool went.

Love Dad