Friday, December 4, 2009

Countdown to Christmas!

The countdown has begun! This year we're using a neat new wreath (found at an after-Christmas sale last year) that has circular boxes for each day in December--1 through 24. The boxes are fun because I can fill them with whatever I want--treats, small toys, and slips of paper with special events. The girls alternate odd and even days. Today Emma opened her box and it said she got to decide what lunch would be today. Lucky for me, she kept it simple--pizza, carrots and fruit cocktail. Next week one of her boxes will lead her to a date at McDonalds with her dad. (I think that'll be maybe the 3rd time in her life she's eaten there!) Ashlyn has enjoyed her treats so far--raisins and fruit snacks. It's been fun to think of what to fill the boxes with, and to watch both girls get excited when it's time to open the day's surprise.

No comments: